- Had a fun time ringing in the new year with some friends (by the way, Seattle watches the ball drop in Times Square on delay instead of something on the west coast live- wtf is up with that)
- Finally got library cards and checked out our local branch. Found lots of books about gardening in the pacific nw so we can start our vegetable garden. Also found they have tons of the Food Network chefs' cookbooks so I'll be trying some new recipes this week.
- Put away all of the christmas stuff. We were the only people who put up our lights on thanksgiving weekend and the only ones who took them down on new years weekend. I thought that was standard but seattle is working on some other schedule.
- Got living room furniture courtesy of my parents!! We are so excited to have a comfy couch, though we have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery because we picked a custom fabric.
- Speaking of my parents, my mom turned 50. They had a fabulous looking party last night and I wish I could have gone.
- Gave the house a good cleaning/ finally finished unpacking from TX
- Got lots of reading in
first weekend of the new decade
It's bedtime but I'm trying to be better about blogging this year. A quick summary of our weekend: